Connect the printer to the Wi-Fi network by pressing the Console button on the display. You will need to check your Wi-Fi name (SSID) and password. The display’s top right corner (button 2) will show the On-Screen-Keyboard. From the opened screen, you can click the Shift button to display more characters.
- First, type in
M552 S0and press ↵.
Note: First-time use only, required if the printer is already connected or is giving a network error.
- Next, type in the Wi-Fi network name and password as follows:
M587 S” Wi-Fi network name” P” Wi-Fi password”and press ↵. If, for example, your Wi-Fi network name is
XYZand your password is
12345, type in:
M587 S"Wi-Fi network name" P"Wi-Fi password"and press ↵. Finally, type in and send
M552 S1and press ↵. Wait for a moment while it connects to the network.
The printer will then display its IP address in the console. If there was a mistake while typing the network name, you can delete all the saved Wi-Fi networks with
M588 S”*” and press ↵, and start from the beginning again (note, it has to be sent when wifi is idle,
First, check that the printer is connected successfully and note down the IP address given on the display. Make sure that the Wi-Fi name is correct and that the computer is connected to the same network. The printer comes with Wi-Fi disabled (Wi-Fi OFF) and without any known networks. Check the IP address from the screen and connect to the same Wi-Fi network. Go to the
Note: The web server is running inside the printer and is only connecting to the local area network. The connection is normal HTTP and does not have HTTPS enabled. Therefore, it may show as “not secure” in browsers like Chrome.
Browse and click on the other file named Config.g.
There is a row
M552 at the beginning of the
config.g document. Change the row to:
M552 S1to have Wi-Fi enabled by default (Most Recommended).
M552 S0to have Wi-Fi disabled by default.
Notes about 2.4 GHz networking:
- In most cases, Wi-Fi routers automatically handle all devices.
- But in some cases, the Wi-Fi router may have two separate network names (SSID). In that case, make sure to connect to the option without “_5G” in the name because the printer has a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi module and cannot connect to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network.
- Usually, the router doesn’t need any configurations after this, and devices in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz can communicate automatically in the local area network.
Notes about the
M587 S”XYZ” P”12345” command:
- Remember to check and use capital letters if any in the SSID name.
- Maximum password length: The maximum command length is 42 characters in the current display on-screen-keyboard version. If you have a very long SSID name or password name, it may be necessary to shorten them.
- For a Wi-Fi network without a password, use, for example,
P”12345678”instead for the password.